Over the last two months, I have been a bit quiet on the blogging front. However, we have some wonderful news to share with you!
We won two more awards at the Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire SME Awards! Sam received a silver award for Business Person of the Year, and Incubation Nation won silver in the category of the best enterprising business! Totalling 5 awards this year!
Then in September we found the perfect place for our first High Street Hub! After 2 months of hard work we opened Shocal Milton Keynes
Up to 30 local businesses can sell their products here, as well as a great workshop and co-working area. Our team can host a group of 10 for business planning, profit planning, goal setting, and social media training. The shop is also powered by a community app called SHOCAL, so customers can shop online too, and we even deliver!
The Urmston Tech App was created by two cool entrepreneurs during the pandemic in Manchester. https://www.shocal.org/
Sam never wants small businesses to feel alone again. That’s why we formed Incubation Nation CIC – to support Milton Keynes start-ups.
Despite the fact that new businesses are on the rise, business dissolutions are on the rise as well! With tailored mentoring and training programs, startups are more likely to succeed. Additionally, ideas must be evaluated to determine their viability!
- At the end of September 2023, there were 5,213,416 companies on the total register and 4,745,447 on the effective register.
- During the period July to September 2023, the total register increased by 58,581 companies (1.1%), and the effective register increased by 44,441 companies (0.9%).
- Between July and September 2023, there were 219,254 incorporations and 161,761 dissolutions in the UK.
- The number of incorporations between July and September 2023 increased by 25,478 (13.1%) compared with the same period in 2022.
- The number of dissolutions between July and September 2023 increased by 12,273 (8.2%) compared with the same period in 2022.
- The number of companies in the course of removal in the period July to September 2023 increased by 43,526 (13.8%) compared with July to September 2022. @ https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/incorporated-companies-in-the-uk-july-to-september-2023/incorporated-companies-in-the-uk-july-to-september-2023
I also read a statistic that 74% of businesses only have one director! As a result, it is imperative we support them so they can succeed.
Our new location is 48 Aylesbury Street, Fenny Stratford, MK2 2BA, open Wednesday to Saturday from 11am to 5pm.
Plus we’re still hosting monthly events at MK:U and online.
Week 1 – Goal setting and accountability for business growth.
Week 2 – Assistance with online content creation
Week 3 – A masterclass with an expert from Inc Nation
Week 4 – Review the last 30 days with Sam and plan the next 30 in line with your 12-month business growth plan.
All events can be found here @ https://incubation-nation.co.uk/events/
We hope you pop in and shop local this Christmas.